Life's little twists and turns don't follow a specified recipe. I'm definitely okay with instability, amidst daily comforts, of course. This little bloggy is a firm example of random-ness. Truth defined by yours truly. Enjoy, or not, a peek into skewed opinions and spurts of subpar brilliance.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

unCONVENTIONAL Fakebook.

Social networking is not that real. Living in a new city and in, what I will continue to refer to as the "Air Force Bubble" (AFB), is a puzzle and at the moment, the pieces are still very much scattered about. I'll put it together eventually, or so I hope. Meanwhile, I can't help but be perplexed by the several online 'groups' that are meant to bring Officer's wives together. Problem is, we're not meeting in the flesh and nobody appears to be suggesting we meet in person. I'd consider myself a "go-getter" and have no issue taking the lead, but if I'm honest, I'm hesitant to take the lead on suggesting we meet up outside of fakebook. Fakebook is very real interaction and very real connection for some people. I don't know if I'd be making some women uneasy by saying we should exchange pheromones (wait...put in that way, it could potentially freak a few out!) More than ever, I'm finding social networking such a strange phenomenon. I'd be a fool to say it doesn't serve a purpose because it certainly does. In my case, it's a great tool to coordinate social circles, but it shouldn't stop there.

I suppose I'll sit in this authentic blog world and decide if I shall invite the faces in cyberworld to a coffee clutch. Until then, I'll enjoy solitude and lonerville a little while longer.

Bottom line: When did facebook become the conventional norm?

No comments: