Life's little twists and turns don't follow a specified recipe. I'm definitely okay with instability, amidst daily comforts, of course. This little bloggy is a firm example of random-ness. Truth defined by yours truly. Enjoy, or not, a peek into skewed opinions and spurts of subpar brilliance.

Monday, November 3, 2008

Bummin' it will get you that.

I like meeting new candidates. Living in an isolated bubble with only a small handful is not only boring, but is in essence cheating oneself of a multitude and variety of 'meet and greets' that are rather enjoyable. But more than the enjoyment and added bonus of getting to know people who really fulfill and complement who you are, is the ability to let go of those candidates that aren't at all suitable. Chances are, if you don't stretch yourself and your social circles, you'll be left hanging on to a less than fitting pal.

All the same, many people claim they'll never "settle." I don't believe them. However, I am a believer of people thinking they won't ever settle. This strategy works for many, and even myself when I begin to get complacent with the day-to-day mundane and start thinking, "hell, he's not that bad." As luck would have it though, these mini relationships are short lived in my world, as I tend to shift gears quite a bit, and question my level of contentment more often than the next person. Which ultimately leaves me taking a pass on several gentleman I encounter. Not because I think I'm somehow better than him, but simply because the fit is based on something shallow, and something less than what I hope to find one day.

Fact: I will not settle. (What follows? My thoughts on settling....)

Perhaps the attitude of settling and not settling is directly linked to two specific things: self-esteem and/or laziness or even both in some cases. Then again, dating is difficult, both time consuming (lazy people can't be bothered), and stressful (frequent dating, followed by frequent rejection can lead to more sweaty palms than desirable, and naturally, avoided by most low-self-esteem-ers), but the reality is, and more often than not, it doesn't work out (again, lazy people can't be bothered). But when things 'sorta' click, both the lazies and those who lack self-confidence/efficacy will give more weight and significance to something that does not worthy a full fledged, and arguably, forced connection.

In short, a good convincing coupled with any given amount of effort, will get you exactly that. If you don't want that, I suggest you get of your ass, build on your self worth and don't sell your badass self short. Because dammit, you're worth it.

No comments: