Life's little twists and turns don't follow a specified recipe. I'm definitely okay with instability, amidst daily comforts, of course. This little bloggy is a firm example of random-ness. Truth defined by yours truly. Enjoy, or not, a peek into skewed opinions and spurts of subpar brilliance.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Guiltless grill.

I share an opinion on all people in my life. My mom, caring & selfless, with a spicey, borderline raging-passion filled personality. My dad, quiet & thoughtful, but manic all the same. My eldest sister, lovely & supportive - so supportive she ensures that all business is her own. My other sister, demure & sweet; a passivity all too often giving people the rights to take advantage of her kindness. My brother, a considerate & kind person with deep insecurities which frequently mask these wonderful qualities. My friends - short, tall, skinny, mad, sane, obnoxious, sweet, experienced, innocent, fiery, mute, narcissistic, overly considerate, too blunt, too nice, not blunt enough....OH, how I could go on....

Accordingly, when I get into discussions about the various people in my life with other various people in my life, I find myself feeling guilty, after the fact, for saying some of the things that I say, about the various people in my life (damn, mouthful.). I all to often sit with myself afterwards, pondering how some of these things could slip off of the tongue so freely. And then, I stop my guilt in it's tracks. Why should I feel guilty about my own personal outlook? Would it not be dishonest of me to deny exactly how I view a person? I'm not saying my opinions are all valid, but they're mine and true to me. We ALL have feelings and opinions about the people in our life - some of us are just a little more upfront about our assessments.

Nevertheless, it does not change the fact that I LOVE these people no matter what their flaws are. Any person who knows me knows that I can't contain myself sometimes. Which is clearly a flaw in many ways, and believe you me, I have many others I could add to a proliferous list. Thank to goodness, people love me anyway for it. I can certainly appreciate a good lashing, too, as I continuously strive to be a better person. Self-reflection is the key to my growth, and my friends and loved ones are integral to my evolutionary process. Please tell me I'm inconsiderate, edging on rude, and I hope I can take it all in, knowing it's said in love, and meant solely for self-improvement.

On this note, everything I say, my thoughts included, are a reflection of love. Nothing more, nothing less. And now I take a breather, and the guilt subsides...."I want my baby back, baby back, baby back...."

No comments: