Life's little twists and turns don't follow a specified recipe. I'm definitely okay with instability, amidst daily comforts, of course. This little bloggy is a firm example of random-ness. Truth defined by yours truly. Enjoy, or not, a peek into skewed opinions and spurts of subpar brilliance.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

I do not like green eggs and ham I do not like them Sam I am.

What are people going to think?

Do we not all question this from time to time? We sure do.

No matter what, people will think. They'll think you're stupid, or uptight, or brilliant, or maybe they'll think you're slightly attractive. At times you'll be short, fat, too thin, obnoxiously loud, or you'll lack personality altogether. You might even be charismatic and funny to some, or inexplicably off-the-charts annoying to another. In any event, you can never please everyone. So why ever make the attempt to do/be so? Wasted precious efforts need not be wasted on lousy judgment calls.

Not to say we can avoid judgments. I too have opinions, of which I share and those of which I do not - despite our stance, we all judge. The key to keeping judgments in check, however, is never using them to place somebody in a position of inferiority. Nobody is less of a person than you or I. One can have less money, or less of anything to which you put great value, but when it's all said and done, we all breathe, eat, sleep, and excrement in a similar fashion - some once, others twice, and those odd ones, three times per day. No room for discussion here - case closed. We're human - this is what we do.

On that note, tattoo shop, here I come...

"Oh no!! What will people think?!!" -White trash or an artful display of my spiritual self-expression?- "In your eyes or mine?"


"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you." ~Dr. Seuss

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl you gettin a Tatt! What are you getting! You know I'm on the thumbs up side of tattoos (unless you're under 21 and/or drunk)

Tara said...

I think that the hard part is not what other people will think, but what will your future self think.

I've never been confident in predicting what will thrill my future self. I'm a bit envious of your confidence in that arena.

Deb to the Izzle said...

Done did it, Shyanna.

Tara, I AM confident in the now because it's all we have. I don't know what tomorrow will bring and therefore work hard at living for today. This is not meant to be cliche. It's a fact in my world. My future self, if she exists, will look at a tattoo and say, "I lived that day. Here's proof." And hopefully, the summation of my life will be defined without unnecessary regrets. Believe me, your future self will love you for it, despite some minor 'oops' moments. It's worthwhile in the end.