Life's little twists and turns don't follow a specified recipe. I'm definitely okay with instability, amidst daily comforts, of course. This little bloggy is a firm example of random-ness. Truth defined by yours truly. Enjoy, or not, a peek into skewed opinions and spurts of subpar brilliance.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Inspirational overload.

"Don't be like those people who believe in “positive thinking” and tell themselves that they're loved and strong and capable. You don't need to do that, because you know it already. And when you doubt it – which happens, I think, quite often at this stage of evolution – do as I suggested. Instead of trying to prove that you're better than you think, just laugh. Laugh at your worries and insecurities. View your anxieties with humour. It will be difficult at first, but you'll gradually get used to it." (The Witch of Portobello, by Paulo Coelho, page 110.)

Paulo Coelho is my favorite author right now. This is a good read. I actually bought the book. (Check out #6 of particulars in Tell me what to do. Let's see where that gets you.) And you'll find that the book purchase is a pretty big deal in my small world! Be it as it may, perusing through this book has allowed me to put into words what I often have difficulty 'putting into words.' The aforementioned quote is one I strive to do, and feel I've been more capable than many people of doing it, and if I can toot my own horn for a second, I do it fairly well. There's always room for improvement - thankfully - half the battle is in the understanding.

I could go on quoting this book for days, and potentially will. I'll leave you with another short quote I have found relevant, especially in relation to the written word, and self-expression; when posting it for others to view, for others to critique perhaps, for others to laugh or to inspire, it all is a reflection of me. And so it goes...

"When sacred texts are written, they contain the soul of the man who served as an instrument to spread them throughout the world. And that doesn't apply to only sacred texts, but to every mark we place on paper. Because the hand that draws each line reflects the soul of the person making the line." (page 62-63.)

So there you have it - my soul on the line. With a chuckle, and the slight insecurity that one may not find enjoyment or satisfaction in my musings, I'll proceed with a smile, grateful for the Creat(or)ion of my funny bone.

No comments: