Life's little twists and turns don't follow a specified recipe. I'm definitely okay with instability, amidst daily comforts, of course. This little bloggy is a firm example of random-ness. Truth defined by yours truly. Enjoy, or not, a peek into skewed opinions and spurts of subpar brilliance.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Recreational drollery.

Booger: "Why? Does she have a penis?"
Me: "Nope, but she sure does have a booger!"



I went to the IHOP last night. Surprisingly, the place was not exactly full, but I was having a major craving for something sweet, and something simple - no fancy crêpe necessary. Thought an American pancake, Denny-style, would do the trick. And for the most part, the chocolate chip tasty flapjacks did exactly that. Satisfied the craving, making me all warm and terrifically fuzzy inside. Honestly peeps, it doesn't take too much. I wouldn't say the meal was super fantastic, but will venture to say, delightfully pleasure some.

Even so, what I didn't come to expect was a froggy-style booger flying out of the hostess' nostril upon entrance. Here she is beginning to welcome us in, and very likely, only the second customers of the day in this joint, when "it" literally, came down fashionably and was quickly snorted back up in a similar nonchalant fashion. I felt a shock of embarrassment for the girl, looked down expeditiously, pretending not to witness this unfortunate situation, which was very quickly followed by a nauseating appetite suppressing feeling. Lickety-split, just like that my need for something sweet seemed a distant memory. Once she sat us down, I couldn't help but think, "Don't touch me lady. And please keep that booger from falling into my beverage." A snobby, but true testament of my thought process. Until that is, the glorious menu was put in front of me, and pictured in all its eminence sat the chocolatey chippy perfection soon-to-be devoured without a booger of a thought crossing me or my booger-free meal. All in all, mission accomplished if you ask me.

Chances are though, the fancy French crêperie probably comes with a booger-free hostess. Maybe a consideration for the next sweet craving adventure.

No comments: