Life's little twists and turns don't follow a specified recipe. I'm definitely okay with instability, amidst daily comforts, of course. This little bloggy is a firm example of random-ness. Truth defined by yours truly. Enjoy, or not, a peek into skewed opinions and spurts of subpar brilliance.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh nine.

What happened to 1998? Or 2008 for that matter. Man oh man, time certainly flies.

But life, on the other hand, doesn't fly. (The fly life can be lived, however. Another argument altogether...) Nevertheless, we live and then we die. Sure, life is on a continuum with time, but it doesn't change the fact that we're living at 18 years old, as we are at 28. Experience, gray hair, a few wrinkles, excess weight - these are in fact signs of time altering the state of life - both physically and emotionally. The thing is, we can't ask time to stop moving along, but we can choose how we live our life, within the time frame we're given. So if at 28, I want to jump out of an airplane, or venture over to the Great Wall, or where that tight, skimpy mini, or tell my sister's/family/friends I love them one more time, then that's what I'm going to do. I won't allow the age of my life determine where I go or what I do or how I think even. Perhaps, it's not that "life is too short," but rather, the time we choose to live our life is consumed by wasted moments and unnecessary hang-ups.

Life really is a now moment. With this in mind, stop sweating the small stuff, stop pursuing materialistic gain, and stop pretending you're somebody you're not. Because seriously, you're only kidding yourself with the façade you front. Enjoy this life and do what you love. Be who you are. And as you so please, resolve to live the fly life in 2009.

No comments: