Life's little twists and turns don't follow a specified recipe. I'm definitely okay with instability, amidst daily comforts, of course. This little bloggy is a firm example of random-ness. Truth defined by yours truly. Enjoy, or not, a peek into skewed opinions and spurts of subpar brilliance.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Chicago said it best.

IKEA build-a-furniture inspires me to be a better person. I'm sure many of you can relate. I had the tremendous pleasure of putting together a bench of sorts yesterday. To my dismay, I opened the two boxes up, separating the faux piece-by-piece-by-piece-by-piece wood, and never did find the piece-by-piece-by-piece-by-piece instruction manual. Thankfully, my trusty roommate (bless her little heart! - Palin; the real inspiration behind everything. (Mega joke.)) and my other go to gal, Google, came to my rescue. Unfortunately though, the printed pictures were not exactly accurate portrayals of the blocks of plywood sitting in front of me. The size and dimensions on paper didn't display the boxed version I had before me. At this point, and as I sat in the scattered mess, there was a small part of me that wanted to quit. Pick up the crap and throw it in the trash. Frankly, the bigger part of me was too lazy to get up to throw the crap in the trash. The biggest part of me, still, welcomed the challenge. Soar fingers, rug burned knees, and several hours later, sat a measurable, completed storage bench, and even more importantly, an immeasurable pure satisfaction within me, that really, only IKEA build-a-furniture can provide.

Anybody who's had the wonderful opportunity of such an adventure understands the feat and can truly attest to my invigorating accomplishment. No doubt, I'm not the first to acknowledge that IKEA should not only be recognized for its notoriously affordable (cheap ass) collections, but more so, be given high praise for its continuous efforts of making people better people. Come to think of it, IKEA are philanthropists in their own right - Providing an altruistic service (the selling of cheap goods) to promote and improve the human quality of life (the suffering performance followed by unequivocal triumph, exemplify amelioration).

Naturally, I feel like a better person today. The process from start to finish, involving both annoyance and frustration, followed up by a wide grin, is a true testament of their cause. I, independently, give props to IKEA build-a-furniture, even if my fingers are physically damaged today. The glory certainly outweighs the pain on this fine day, and personally, the bench sitting in my bedroom is not simply a bench anymore. In sum, me and IKEA are practically one. IKEA, You're The Inspiration.

If IKEA doesn't do it for you like it does me, and you're looking for other inspirational outlets, I suggest a Google image, I'm Feeling Lucky search of Robert Pattinson. For your listening pleasure, All I Can See by Brendan James is also magnificent. (I'm serious about this one. Seriously.)

No comments: