Life's little twists and turns don't follow a specified recipe. I'm definitely okay with instability, amidst daily comforts, of course. This little bloggy is a firm example of random-ness. Truth defined by yours truly. Enjoy, or not, a peek into skewed opinions and spurts of subpar brilliance.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dinner date.

"A watched pot never boils."

Or so this is what they say. Who are these "they" anyway? They sure do seem to know a lot. My mom used to always spout out, "You know what they say about this or that...." And I'd always get so agitated (still do) because I never knew (or know) who "they" were (are). Bogus claims all around...

So they say, "a watched pot never boils." I think they were right about this one after all. Quite literally, I know it'll eventually boil if you sit and stare long enough, making sure the burner's on, of course, but still, the waiting anxiously for it to happen is never a good feeling. Whether it's the gnawing hunger pangs, or a longing hope for something to happen, the prolonged unfulfilled desire for-whatever, can be terribly immobilizing.

I experienced this "watched pot never boils" feeling over the weekend. I've never been known to be the most patient person as it is, so when things don't go my way automatically, I can feel very let down, and the by product, an unhappy Debbie. Not a good mix.

This really isn't entirely about me though, this is really more so about what they continually have to say. Needless to say, they have taught me a lot over the years, and I'm only now beginning to appreciate what they have been attempting to teach me all along. Because I know not to sit over a pot waiting for it to boil over (Big ups to they!), I'm going to do my best to let nature take its course. There isn't a lot of point in waiting for the inevitable, is there? Things will turn out as intended, and in their natural course (in the case of boiling water: 100° celsius or 212° fahrenheit). With this in mind, thankfully, anxiety takes a nose dive, and energy is spent where it's meant, cutting up the onions. Or a rug.....dancing the night away!

(This excerpt is dedicated to Marti's soccer practice tee shirt: "A watched pot never boils, so take me out to eat.") Now there's an idea. Anybody?

No comments: