Life's little twists and turns don't follow a specified recipe. I'm definitely okay with instability, amidst daily comforts, of course. This little bloggy is a firm example of random-ness. Truth defined by yours truly. Enjoy, or not, a peek into skewed opinions and spurts of subpar brilliance.

Monday, October 20, 2008

There's no such thing as monsters.


Nate (5 years old) and Jay (3 years): Two lovable characters, and two of the five nephews of whom I all adore! They are too perfect for words. And so it goes...They had me in laughs this past weekend. Specifically, when these two were in conversations with one another. I hadn't seen them since only the beginning of August, but for some reason, they've already grown up in this short time span. The little ones grow up fast, this I know, so I tried to absorb as much as I could while I was with them over the weekend. Needless to say, I observed a lot, specifically a discussion they were having that involved a Halloween candy bowl. The bowl has a creepy looking green hand in the center of it, and when reached into, the sensor moves the hand in a grabbing motion. The discussion went something like this:

Nate: "Jay, come with me to the room. Let's go look at the monster green hand!" (Mind you, Nate is a loud kid. Super expressive. Please take the exclamation marks into account.)

Jay: "No Nate, that's too scary."

Nate: "No it's not. It's just a monster green hand. It's not real. It's fake. Come on Jay!" (Nate walks out of the room.)

(One minute later Nate walks back into the room.....)

Nate: "Jay, please come with me. I'm scared."

Jay: "You don't need to be scared, Nate. There's no such thing as monsters. It's fake."

Neither one went looking for the monster green hand after all, as neither one could convince the other not to be afraid. I have to say though, and as their proud Auntie, I was impressed by their ability to play the courageous role. Of course, they were both scared out of their mind, yet both still tried there best to act brave. I definitely think this is good indication that they have exactly what it takes to be a strong boyfriend one day. As long as these boys continue to put on a good, dauntless show, the girls will trust in their valiant protection, even if, she is the one who always ends up smashing the creepy spider.

No comments: